Our Insights blog goes deeper into hot topics and critical world issues. Looking for more? Learn about how we integrate data and expert visualization services with our intelligent tools, custom situation rooms, and enterprise data portals.
Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros. The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives:
1. Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States.
2. Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States.
3. Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation.
4. Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets.
5. Promoting the development of Arab financial markets.
6. Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency.
7. Promote trade among member States.
The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) calculates a composite index measuring the performance of Arab Capital Markets combined. The (AMF) also calculates an index for each Capital Market. These indices are Market capitalization weighted, using a chained Paasche Method, prices are calculated in U.S dollar terms, using end of period data.
Changes of the value of the components are adjusted to accommodate changes in market capitalization resulted from the addition or deletion of shares in the samples of the indices.
The (AMF) daily composite index, includes as of now , the indices of the 14 markets, which are the markets of Abu-Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Tunisia.
The shares included in the samples of the indices are treated in the composite index as if they are shares of one single market. The composite index is calculated in U.S dollar terms, not in domestic currencies.
A Knoema é a fonte mais abrangente do mundo de business intelligence global. Nossas ferramentas permitem que indivíduos e organizações explorem, visualizem, modelem e apresentem seus dados e dados mundiais para facilitar melhores decisões e melhores resultados.